OncoMyx is seeking a highly motivated Undergrad Assistant to assist the Lab Manager and Executive Assistant/Office Manager at a fast-growing oncolytic virus company with daily physical and administrative tasks. Additionally, supporting a venture-backed team of biotech executives and scientists who are developing pioneering cancer therapeutics. Seeking to fill a Part-time position.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and experience.
- Lab Manager Support:
- Autoclave consumables as needed
- Fill incubators with water and certify they are in good working conditions and clean
- Use the washer machine to clean lab glassware
- Prepare different types of working solutions (TAE, ELISA washing buffer, 10% bleach, etc)
- Fill spray bottles with 70% Ethanol
- Restock and responsible for advice when to order consumables in the lab (flasks, well plates, gloves, tips, etc)
- Receive, organize, and send invoices for processing of orders as they come during the day
- Work in close contact with the lab manager for any other lab organization needs
- Collect Biohazard for disposal
- Executive Assistant/Office Manager support
- Inventorying, ordering, and replenishing of office and some Lab supplies, break room snacks, and attending to kitchen needs
- Routine errands such as package and lunch pick-ups at front desk/loading dock, checking mailbox, and others as assigned
- Update documents, organizing/renaming files, assist with occasional job postings
- Strong leadership, organization & communication skills
- Eagerness to learn, but takes initiative and direction well
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable using common office technology (Printing/Scanning)
- Experience working in an office atmosphere, and in a Lab a plus
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time, and be able to lift to 50 lbs with little or no accommodations
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Currently working toward bachelor’s degree
- Experience with administrative work
Company is headquartered in downtown Phoenix, Arizona. Candidate must reside in the Phoenix area.
Please send CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No outside recruiters please.