OncoMyx is seeking a highly motivated and creative Research Assistant/Associate to join a group of researchers evaluating novel oncolytic virus therapies. The candidate will work within project teams to advance research stage programs into pre-clinical development, and provide in-vitro, in-vivo and ex-vivo data essential to drive projects into clinical development.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and experience.
Plans and executes experiments under minimal supervision that support the initiation and/or advancement of drug candidate projects into the pipeline. Works cross-functionally within the organization to achieve goals.
- Required technical skills include:
- Strong cellular & molecular biology skill set (e.g., DNA cloning, PCR, transient transfection, site-directed mutagenesis, gene knockout), Western blotting, mammalian cell culture, ELISA, etc. for characterization of cell models
- Ability to contribute to the design and execution of experiments. Experience with in vitro assay development is preferred
- Experience with viruses is preferred
- Capable of searching scientific literature to gain information about specific topics
- Proficient in communication and data analysis software such as Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Graphpad Prism
- Required Key Attributes:
- Highly self-motivated with excellent time-management, organizational, and critical thinking skills
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in a biomedical science or related discipline with 1-2 year of laboratory experience in cell or molecular biology, virology, immunology, cancer biology or related biological science. Biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred. At least 2-5 additional years of experience is required for a senior level.
Candidate must be located or relocate to Phoenix.
Please send CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com. No outside recruiters please.