Oncomyx is seeking to hire a Director/Sr. Directory of Oncolytic Virotherapy to lead cancer biology team. The successful candidate will be an exceptional cancer biology leader with a track record of leadership and innovation in oncology, especially oncolytic virus therapy and immuno-oncology. The candidate will be responsible from conception to clinical development of oncology projects regarding pharmacology evaluation including the translational research in support of the clinical compounds. This position will report to CSO. This role is located in downtown Phoenix, Arizona, and the company will assist with relocation.
- Lead company efforts in cancer biology and translational sciences, including in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, biomarker discovery, IND-enabling studies, and clinical applications.
- Direct, mentor and develop a high-quality and innovative cancer biology team of PhD and non-PhD level scientists to support the rapid drug discovery programs.
- Oversee internal and external cancer biology activities focused on establishing right assays and methods for screening candidates and establishing mechanism of actions (MOAs).
- Initiate the new projects based on clinical unmet medical needs and advanced oncology research.
- Develop research strategies to effectively advance discovery projects through Go/No-Go decision points to IND
- Work as a strong team player with the ability to partner effectively with internal teams, cross-functional experts and external collaborators.
- Manage collaborations with external academic, biotech, and contract research organizations to advance oncology projects.
- Keep up-to-date with the literature related to cancer research, oncolytic virus, immuno-oncology and anti-cancer drug discovery.
- Present research findings to project teams and governance bodies and prepare the study reports and summaries.
- Publish research in peer-reviewed journals and present work at scientific conferences.
- Contribute to key decisions impacting the future of the company in developing and advancing corporate mission and strategic direction.
- PhD in Molecular/Cellular Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology or related field with 10+ years of post-doctoral scientific experience in oncology in biotechnology/ pharmaceutical setting.
- Strong track record of leadership with proven ability to mentor and grow a strong team of scientists.
- Deep scientific knowledge of and research experience in oncology research, especially in immune-oncology or oncolytic viruses
- Drug discovery and development experience in oncology, especially biologics with a track record for INDs.
- Strong scientific accomplishment with publications and innovative discoveries (patents) with high impact in the field.
- Experience in writing and authoring IND Pharmacology sections and scientific publications.
- Strong leadership, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop strategies, tactics, and metrics-driven implementation plans.
- Expertise in various assay developments in biologics drug discovery.
- Experience in murine tumor models (e.g., CDX, PDX, GEMM or syngeneic), PK/PD and MOA studies in vivo.
- Provide leadership, strategic oversight, resource management, and organizational framework to ensure timely decision making and advance the projects.